Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Key Lime Project

If there's one thing I have learned this past year it's that spray paint can be used for a lot more than just graffiti and can completely transform an object. When surveying my furniture to see what could use some sprucing up, I landed on Dan's digital piano. It's not a regular piano so nothing could get damaged. It's just fake wood, metal and plastic. I ran the idea by him and let him choose the color. Always stylish and never reserved, he chose a bright Key Lime Green! We took a trip to the hardware store and stocked up on the color.

Meanwhile, I had also purchased this mirror for $3 at a rummage sale, with the idea of painting it a bright color to add some pop to our bedroom. I decided it would be key lime, too.

It appears to have been painted before, but the color is uneven, splotchy in places and discolored.

I put on my painting clothes and got to work. This project was so easy. All I had to do was cover the glass with some newspaper and tape.



Here it is in action. I think it looks great with our red, black and white bedroom.

I wish I had a before picture of Dan's digital piano, but I don't. We covered the keys with newspaper just in case any color got under the lid. We also covered the gold foot pedals with paper.





So what do you think? Let me know if you try something like it! Also, stay tuned for my other spray painting projects to follow. I'm playing a bit of catch-up on here trying to get all of my past projects up.

1 comment: