Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tropical Dress

I finally finished Dress #2! I used McCall's pattern M5845 and fabric my aunt gave me. This dress was definitely a challenge. Since there is a lining, it's like making two dresses and doing double of everything, including pesky darts. The darts made it look polished and tailored though, so they're worth it. Having only done two before in my life, it was daunting to do about 30 of them, in total, some of which were topstitched.

Now I am on the hunt for a wide brown woven belt. It has been surprisingly hard to find just the right one!

No comments:

Post a Comment