Saturday, January 29, 2011

Apron for Jane

This past holiday season, my friend Jane sent me a package full of goodies, including this Butterick apron pattern. It was just the thing I needed to get me back into the sewing swing of things!

Butterick Sewing Pattern B5474 Aprons in 5 Styles Sizes S-M-L

To return Jane's kindness, I wanted to make her one. I thought version A (the pink one) was the cutest, but I made a few changes. I used this great, wild print fabric that my mom gave me for Christmas. Here you can see it close, on one of the straps.


I used bias tape for the first time. It's not perfect, but I think the green trim is cute. I thought it was pretty serendipitous that I found some in the sewing box I inherited from my grandma, in just the right shade and just the right amount for the pockets.


Here it is (wrong side) all spread out so you can get a sense for the shape. Four straps, two pockets, and one solid main piece. 

And here is Jane modeling the final project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment