Friday, February 11, 2011

Sprucing Up a Welcome Mat

A couple of years ago, I got a cute welcome mat from Target. It had a pretty, aqua colored damask design on it. Over the years, all of the paint came off so I decided to spruce it up with a new design!

See, you can kind of see it on the edge, but it looks pretty sad.


I started with two coats of aqua blue.



I enlisted the help of my husband because he's really good at drawing. I know this because he also helped me with my button animal silhouettes. Look how cute the seahorse turned out!


 Here it is all cut out!



A couple coats of white spray paint was all it took. Not too shabby! If the paint wears off of this one, we can just do another design. I love a project that involves rehabbing something I already have using things I can find around the house (you know me, spray paint is pretty much a staple in this household). I finished it just in time for the tropical themed Valentine's Day party we're throwing tomorrow! Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment